Finance Associate, Temple Sinai, September 2023
Reporting to the Finance Manager, the Finance Associate works with membership, development, and program staff to support all financial operations of Temple Sinai. The associate is the point of contact for members, vendors, and staff members regarding accounts receivable, accounts payable, and payroll. This position plays a key role in ongoing and upcoming digital transformation processes, including the design, selection, and implementation of automated and digitized systems for accounts payable, payroll, and expense tracking.
Membership management and accounts receivable: The Finance Associate coordinates the financial aspects of the membership management CRM system (ShulCloud) and the recording of receipts to the accounting system (Quickbooks). The Associate is responsible for member billing, recording payments and donations accurately, and fielding and responding to inquiries from members about their accounts.
Accounts Payable: The Finance Associate coordinates payment, recording, and coding of all payables and cash disbursements, including check requests, electronic payments, and credit card charges. The Associate manages vendor files and maintains supporting documentation.
Payroll: The Finance Associate prepares payroll files and maintains supporting timesheets, leave requests, and other required documentation.
KEY PROFESSIONAL CHARACTERISTICS
- Rigorous organization and attention to detail
- Strong customer service skills and orientation
- Creativity and problem-solving skills
- Self-direction and capacity to manage multiple competing priorities in a fast-paced environment
- Teamwork, collaboration, and strong communication skills
- Comfort with navigating multiple digital platforms
- Commitment to the mission of Temple Sinai
EXPERIENCE AND SKILLS REQUIRED
We recognize that preparation for this position can take many forms. The successful candidate will have a combination of these areas of experience and/or expertise:
- 3-5 years professional experience in administration, with a financial emphasis, preferably in a religious congregation, non-profit organization, or association.
- Experience using Quickbooks or similar G/L software, CRM systems, and other database and financial management applications.
- Skill with Excel or equivalent spreadsheet tools and competence with other Microsoft 365 applications, including Word, Teams, Outlook and Sharepoint.
- Professional experience in a customer or member service role.
COMPENSATION AND BENEFITS
The starting salary for this position is $58,000 – $65,000, based on experience and qualifications. Temple Sinai offers a generous benefits package, including medical, dental, vision, FSA, pension with employer contribution, vacation and sick leave, and support for professional development.
Please send a letter of application and resume to email@example.com.
Temple Sinai provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Temple Sinai complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.