Administrative Assistant, Temple Sinai, April 2023
The Administrative Assistant performs a key role in serving our $6.5 million, 1,150 member not-for-profit religious institution. This individual supports clergy and programs of the temple with accuracy, integrity, compassion and adherence to Temple Sinai policies. He/she oversees administrative functions including coordinating educational programs, supporting clergy schedules, maintaining discretionary funds and liaison with member committees. He/she works collaboratively as a part of larger staff team, with volunteers and directly in support of temple members. High levels of interpersonal, customer service and organization skills are required for this job. There is flexibility for working remotely at least 1 day/week.
- Manage schedules, inbound telephone calls and provide administrative support for Associate Rabbi, Assistant Rabbi, and Cantorial Soloist.
- Coordinate logistics for B’nei Mitzvah program.
- Support Adult Education programs.
- Manage scheduling and coordination of ad hoc staff and volunteers for designated holidays and rituals.
- Support Temple Committees and Affiliates for which Rabbis serve as the staff liaisons.
- Maintain discretionary funds for Associate Rabbi, Assistant Rabbi and Cantorial Soloist.
- Collaborate with Administrative Staff team for cross-coverage and large project support.
- Maintains the highest level of integrity in managing financial and personal information.
- Works with discretion and tact in an environment exposed to a high level of confidential information.
- Committed to being reliable and dependable.
- Positive attitude and collaborates with others to create and sustain positive working relationships.
- Friendly, outgoing personality with excellent listening skills.
- Compassionate and comfortable with a wide range of people.
- Strong organizational skills with high attention to detail.
- Successful at working in a fast-paced and rapidly changing work environment, handling multiple tasks concurrently and efficiently.
- Excellent communication skills.
- Communicates clearly and courteously in writing, by phone, and in person.
- Thinks independently while acting collaboratively.
- Pro-active in seeking opportunities to make operations run more efficiently and effectively, and openness to implementing changes.
EDUCATION and EXPERIENCE:
- College degree required.
- 3+ years of successful experience with providing administrative support for a similar size organization. Not-for-profit organization experience preferred.
- Advanced technology skills including PC skills with high proficiency with Microsoft Office Suite, database and CRM systems. Able to learn new software programs easily.
- The majority of the work is performed in an office environment during regular office hours, requiring the ability to sit at a desk throughout the day, using a computer and telephone.
- Must be able to move throughout building, and lift objects of up to 10 pounds.
Temple Sinai provides equal employment opportunities (EEO) to all employees and applicants for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability or genetics. In addition to federal law requirements, Temple Sinai complies with applicable state and local laws governing nondiscrimination in employment.
Qualified candidates are invited to submit a letter of interest and resume to HR@templesinaidc.org.